I want to be a registered dietitian in the future and plan to complete a dietetic internship after finishing my bachelor’s degree. I chose Dietetic as my major because I love practicing nutrition and would like to take it as my career. I can see myself working proudly as a registered dietitian in the next five years.
I started looking at nutrition labels since I was very young. I have developed a growing interest in nutrition after I took related classes. I was very excited to understand the types of chemicals that are entering my body after taking chemistry classes. For example,when I saw the potassium bicarbonate on a drink mix label, I was able to understand the nomenclature and the molecular formula of it. I was impressed by how amazingly the human work. It is also satisfying that the knowledge I gain from classes applies to real life. I enjoy learning and am always curious about the world around me.
I plan to serve the community as a health educator after I finish my studies. The need for promoting good health is present in both Hong Kong and the United States. The areas that dietitians work on are board, I am also interested in working with people who have special needs in hospitals as well as promoting good health campaigns for the general public. Working for school districts to plan balanced diets will be one of my dream jobs. This job will fit my personality as well because I am adventurous, always looking for new ways for improvements.
I am excited to study at San Francisco State University which located in one of the world’s most diverse city. It is an excellent place to learn about cultures. There are museums that show history, musics and arts that communicate different values. Most importantly, there are many ethics restaurants and grocery stores that allow me to obverse diets from different countries. From building understandings of elements from different diets, I can recommend my future customers with food that they feel comfortable with. In addition, it is an opportunity to blend with people who have different backgrounds and have different values. I believe this will build my communication skills and I will be able to adapt in various environments.
No comments:
Post a Comment